A Son is Given: Wonderful Counselor
1. How does Isa. 9:6 argue for the deity of Christ?
2. Jehovah’s Witnesses & Muslims argue, “The deity of Christ was contrived at the Council of Nicea in A.D. 325.” How would you respond?
3. Why does Jesus qualify as a perfect mediator?
4. What makes Jesus sooo wonderful?
5. How has Jesus been a “wonder” to you?
6. When I talked about “To the teaching & to the testimony” (Isa. 8:20), I said that this is one of the Christian’s presuppositions / starting points / what we bring to the table. What does that mean?
7. Do you remember why I cross referenced Ps. 144:1 “Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, & my fingers for battle”?
8. How does the fact that God spoke to a king (Isa. 8) - & He helps farmers / peasants(Isa. 28) – apply to all of us?
9. How has God helped you in every day life – whether it be your job, family, making a decision or a different arena?
10. How does Isa. 63:14 bring us “full circle” to Isa. 9:6?