Christ in You
Colossians 1:26–27 (ESV)
26the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
27To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
1. A message previously hidden.
· What is a mystery in the Scriptures?
· Why do we know this mystery now as opposed to OT times?
· Why is it important to be content what has been revealed as opposed to what’s not been revealed?
· In what ways can you teach your children the value of this mystery as you raise them toward Christlikeness (Deuteronomy 29:29)?
· How can you be obedient to this revealed mystery in your marriage (Ephesians 5:32)?
2. Gentiles are part of God’s plan.
· If the OT already promised that the Jewish nation would be a blessing to the Gentiles, then in what way is the New Covenant a further revelation of God’s plan that was previously hidden?
· Discuss why it was so difficult for the Jews to be willing to include the Gentiles as equal partners in the eternal plan of God.
3. Glorification is guaranteed.
· What does the term “hope” mean in the Scriptures?
· What does the term “glory” mean in this passage?
· What things about our glorified state has God revealed and what things has God not revealed? Do you have a hard time being content regarding those things that God hasn’t revealed about what heaven will be like?