What I Should Be Putting On: Humility
Colossians 3:12 (ESV)
12Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
1. How do you define humility? What Biblical support can you provide to explain your definition?
2. Why does it take humility to offer your resources to help other people succeed?
3. According to 1 Peter 5:5, why is it in your best interest to be humble?
4. Look at Zephaniah 2:3. How does a humble person actively seek to be humble? Why is it important to seek humility intentionally rather than letting situation happen when you have to work on being humble?
5. Why is it so important to “stand under” God’s Word in order to “understand” God’s Word properly?
6. How does humility exemplify Christ?
7. Why is it SO hard to be humble?
8. How can a person be humble and still be convinced that he/she knows the truth or has assurance of his/her salvation?