What I Should Be Putting On: Meekness
Colossians 3:12 (ESV)
12Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
1. Define meekness. What Scriptural support do you use to defend your definition?
2. Why is meekness essential if we are going to have a “500-year church”?
3. What are the challenges to meekness mentioned in Colossians 3:8? In what way are these things basically the opposite of meekness?
4. Using the following passages, clarify what meekness looks like:
a. 2 Timothy 2:24-25
b. 1 Peter 3:15
c. Titus 3:2
d. Galatians 6:1
e. James 3:13
f. 1 Peter 3:4
5. How does Christ help believers to become truly meek people?
a. 2 Corinthians 10:1
b. Matthew 11:29
c. James 1:21
6. Devise and discuss some practical steps that you personally will take in putting on meekness. How can somebody help hold you accountable for your plan to pursue meekness?