1. What do you think the connection between “humble yourselves” in verse 6 and “casting your anxieties on Him” in verse 7 is?
2. What are some things that could potentially cloud your mind so that you are not as watchful as you should be?
3. What do we learn about how the Devil attacks us in verse 8?
4. From verse 9, what do you believe it means to be “firm in your faith”?
5. How does knowing that someone else is experiencing or has experienced the same struggles that you have encourage you?
6. How many things can you count in this passage that we learn about God? Which is the most encouraging to you?
7. After working through this passage, in what way(s) do you need to be a doer of the Word?