1. Why do the Jews still observe the Feast of Purim 2,500 years after the historical events of Esther 9?
a. What were the original promises that God made to the Jewish people?
b. How did God expand on those promises over the years?
c. What elements of the Feast of Purim are most impacting to you?
d. What are some other dramatic examples of God keeping his promises in the Scriptures in ways that were totally unexpected or that were exceedingly abundantly above all that God’s people could ask or even think?
e. What recent historical events make the Feast of Purim as special as ever to the Jewish people?
2. Do you ever wish the New Testament Gentile believers would celebrate some of Old Testament Jewish holidays? Why or why not?
3. Do you think NRBC should do a better job of celebrating the special days of the Protestant church calendar? Days like Lent, Maundy Thursday, Epiphany, Trinity Sunday, etc.? Why or why not?
4. What are some of your favorite memories of God’s grace and goodness to you over the years?
5. Which of these are examples of where God drastically changed what was going to happen in a way that showed his strength to be able to keep his promises to you?
6. Which of these are examples of where God dramatically did exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or think?
7. In what ways could you do a better job of making memories to help preserve your family's appreciation of God’s grace to you over the years of your life?