A Generous Father
1 Peter 1:3-9
1. Why do you think Peter refers to God’s regenerating work as a work of “great mercy” in v.3?
a. What things prompt mercy from you?
b. What makes God’s mercy so great?
2. The “new birth” is similar to a physical birth but also very different than a physical birth. How is it similar and how is it different?
a. John 3:3-7
b. Romans 6:13
3. Are you satisfied with the illustration of saving faith in the resurrected Christ being similar to “snuba” diving?
4. According to v.3-4, what 2 things is God guarding in order that our salvation might actually take place?
5. Why is genuine faith the most valuable commodity on earth?
6. Why does our faith need to be tested in order for it to be genuine?
7. What practical applications can we as fathers (and mothers!) take away from God the Father's generosity as displayed in this passage?