Real Marriage – Part 2
1 Peter 3:7
1. Practically speaking, what are the differences between you and your wife that make real marriage a challenge for you?
2. What other really good, Biblical desires or “idols” compete for God’s glory in the heart of a husband who wants a real marriage?
3. What are the natural enemies a husband may face?
4. What are the cultural enemies a husband may face?
5. How can a Christian husband navigate the sometimes competing desires to provide both a comfortable living AND a Christlike atmosphere for his family?
a. How might working hard to understand your wife help?
b. How might working hard to understand theology help?
6. What implications are there for a husband’s treatment of his wife in the fact that she is a “weaker” vessel?
7. At first glance, it may seem like protecting yourself from having your prayers hindered isn’t all that powerful a motivation for a husband to love his wife honorably. How should we understand this motivation?