The New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:17
1. What does Paul mean when he says that for people who are in Christ the “old” has passed away?
2. Can you describe the process that God uses to make the believer new?
3. Can you describe the process that God uses to make everything else new?
4. What is the nature of our new relationship with God according to this passage? How does this relationship contrast with our old relationship with God?
5. Show from this passage how both God and the believer work to accomplish the ministry of reconciling people to God.
6. What is our status before God if we are “in Christ”?
7. What is the most urgent and important application you can personally make to your life right now based on the fact that you as a believer are in union with Christ?