Inevitable Fruit of Union with Christ
- A pupose of Paul in writing the book of Ephesians is to promote the spontaneous overflow of worship of the One True and Living God through an understanding of the truth of the Gospel. Is theological understanding one of the first things that you think of as promoting praise? Why or why not?
- Should theological accuracy inform our selection of songs and hymns for corporate worship? Is theological precision of primary importance in song selection or should other issues like singability, or a pleasing tune be of equal importance? Do we have to choose between those factors or can you name songs that include all of the important criteria?
- A small list of the spiritual blessings that believers are given in union with Christ would be: Election, Adoption, Redemption, Acceptance, Forgiveness, Righteousness, Inheritance, Peace, Joy, Hope, Love, and Grace. Pick two or three and discuss how these should prompt praise in our hearts that then overflows out our lips.
- Since we are chosen for holiness and blamelessness before God, what type of pressure should we feel to "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling?" (Philippians 2:12-13).
- Union with Crist provides for the believer: Guaranteed power (1 John 4:4), guaranteed presence. (Heb. 13:5-6), sufficient guidance (John chapters 14-16), a well lit path (Eph 2:8), and a guaranteed victory (1 Cor 15:54-58). How do each one of these encourage you in the hard work of pursuing holiness?