The Faithful Love of the Lord
1. Proverbs are universal phenomenon. What are some of your favorite secular proverbs? Maybe some you’ve used as a parent or that your parents used with you?
2. What does “atone” mean?
3. How do people atone for their sins against each other? Why is this insufficient to atone for our sins against God?
4. Using other Scripture outside of Proverbs 16:6, try to discuss the following questions:
a. What is so unique and compelling about Jesus’ love for us? Where do we see it most pointedly demonstrated?
b. What is so unique and compelling about the Father’s love for us? Where do we see it most pointedly demonstrated?
c. What is so unique and compelling about the Spirit’s love for us? Where do we see it most pointedly demonstrated?
5. Why is it important for us to realize that God is “all-loving,” not “only-loving”? What is the difference?
6. The word faithful is synonymous with the terms “truth, justice, and righteousness.” What is a good working definition of righteousness again?
7. Why is Jesus’s faithfulness so important, especially as he was dying on the cross? What good would his love be if weren’t also faithful?
8. Give a working definition for “the fear of the Lord.” How does it help the believer turn away from evil?