What the Bible Says about Itself
1. By how many different authors and for how long of a time period was the Bible written? In what way does this add to the credibility of the Bible?
2. Define “inspiration” theologically.
3. What does the term “inspiration” literally mean in 2 Timothy 3:16? What is the main point Paul is making about the Scriptures by creating this new term?
4. What is the general method of “inspiration” that 2 Peter 1:20-21 describes?
a. What does the Greek word for “interpretation” literally mean?
b. In what other contexts from the book of Acts does the term “carried along” occur?
5. So, combining 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21, describe the general process by which we got the Scriptures.
6. From your knowledge of the Scriptures, give some specific examples of how God spoke “at many times and in many ways” to his prophets throughout both the OT and the NT.